Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 - ,, 17 comments

Hodgepodge

Joyce over at From This Side of the Pond hosts this meme that has some interesting questions each week. Do you want to play?

1. Spring is in the air (at least in my neck of the woods) and the birds are singing...what's your favorite bird?
So many to choose from ... I think that today I'll choose an egret.


2. Speaking of birds...do you tweet? If so tell us your screen name and we'll come flocking to your Twitter site. Even if you don't let's all pretend here that we do-in 140 characters or less, sum up your week so far.
I've been known to tweet @latindancercj. I guess the only way I could sum up this week is, "So far so good." :)

3. Its been reported recently that employers are not only viewing the facebook pages of potential hires but they're also requesting your facebook password to have a look at what you've kept from public view. What say you?
Absolutely not. I'd delete my account before I would allow that. It's not that I have anything there that would be a disaster if the whole wide world saw it. (No matter how "secure" a place is supposed to be, it's best to consider all places effectively public space.) It's the principal of the thing. There are some places that one should be able to be casual. They already have backround checks and drug tests. What's next? Going through our garbage? (Not that I have an opinion or anything. lol)

4. It's April and you know what that means-Major League Baseball is back in action. What's your favorite baseball movie? If that's too hard, what's your favorite sports themed movie?
 I'd have to say Bull Durham. :)

5. Something else this season brings-asparagus. Yes please or no thanks? If it's yes please what's your favorite way to have it prepared?
No thanks. More for you. ;)

6. What drives you?
What drives me or what do I drive? lol I would say that what drives me is doing my best for the Lord. Sometimes I succeed. Sometimes I fail at giving my best. But if I think that I'm lacking, I try to learn more. If I'm slacking, I try to do more. Sometimes, I feel that I'm working hard rather than working smart, but I try to give it my best shot.

7. April 18th is International Jugglers Day...can you juggle?
It's really a skill that one has to practice. I've not done it in a while, but if you gave me about 10 minutes in a room by myself, I could probably remember how to do it.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I just saw a commercial for a new film coming out in May? Dark Shadows. Johnny Depp as a vampire from the past that wakes up in the 1970's. It may be Jack Sparrow as a vampire, but I simply must see it. It's one of the first films in a while that I'm excited about. Wheeee!

I can't wait! :D

17 comments:

Johnny Depp always plays some of the strangest characters, but he's so entertaining! Great photo of the egret!

We certainly have some similarities! Some of our answers were pretty much the same - AND I loved the old "Dark shadows" tv show. (Showing my age.) Can't decided from the commericals if the movie will be any good or not.

Dark Shadows used to come on tv after school when I was a kid. Scared me to death! This one looks like it may be a bit more camp but I do love Johnny Depp so I'll probably see it.

Will look for you on twitter : )

My oldest daughter loves egrets, she saw a picture in a book and everytime she and her sister play pretend with birds (they are 6 and 4) that is the one that she chooses to be. I would love to have her see one in person sometime.

I am not familiar with the older Dark Shadows but I think this one looks really interesting and funny!!

You can JUGGLE?? Hi-5...toss toss...Hi-5...toss toss...Hi-5!

I only know what an egret is because of crossword puzzles :)

I'm not sure about that movie... looks funny, but then dumb.. but I love Michelle Pheiffer as well as Mr. Depp

I heard the name of the show before, but never did see it. I'm anxious to see it for Johnny Depp antics if for nothing else. :)

Yeah, if it's actually scary, I'm out. I don't "do" scary movies. At least the way it's being promoted, I'm thinking camp. I probably should do some more investigating before I go. :)

I saw mine in Charleston, SC, but I think that you can see them all along the Atlantic Coast at different times of year (among many different watery places world wide). They are beautiful ... and large.

I never saw the old show either, but I hope you're right!

I'm cooler than I look. (Of course, I've never associated juggling with "coolness". lol)

They are beautiful and elegant birds. Always a spectacular sight. :)

I can't wait to see Dark Shadows. It's based on the series that aired in the 90s. I loved it. Any movie starring Johnny Depp is all good to me. :)

As to #3, there are laws against asking certain questions in job interviews. I consider private information on a personal website part of those laws. Legally, that's probably not true. But ethically and morally, I say it is.

Dark Shadows was one of my mom's favorite shows. I remember peering around the corner as a kid...it would scare me silly! I've seen it as an adult as well. While it isn't nearly as scary as when I was a kid, it always had a serious intent to the story. Of all the ways a film maker could reintroduce the characters, I can't for the life of me understand why it has been turned into camp. I'll pass based on the trailers I've seen.

May 10th can't come soon enough for me. :)

Yeah, that Facebook thing is just too much. I haven't encountered it in real life, so it might be an urban legend thing, but scary enough to remain vigilant.

Post a Comment