Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 - ,, 15 comments

Hodgepodge

It's Hodgepodge time again, hosted by Joyce @ From This Side of the Pond. It seems to be my staple these days. I'm working on a little more variety, but I am very thankful for the interesting questions that Joyce provides each week.


1. The Wednesday Hodgepodge this week falls on John Chapman's birth date.  He's more famously known as Johnny Appleseed...what's your favorite variety of apple?
Granny Smith, the tartness, the sweetness, the crispness ... Just thinking about it makes my mouth water.

2.   When did you last say 'ick'?
"Ick" is a regular part of my vocabulary. Most recently was probably from a tv program, a new Brit favorite New Tricks,  on Sunday night that involved maggots. ICK!!!



3.   Do you think there's a generation gap?  Explain.
Sure. I've accepted that I'm on the far side of it. One day I was referencing some piece of technology that I felt was pretty modern and contemporary like music CDs or something. The young person had no idea what I was talking about. That's the day that I told myself, "You are officially 'old'." lol

4.  What's on your computer screen saver?  Do you leave it alone or change it often?
I have random pictures from my harddrive fade in and out. I've had that for years. In a way, it updates itself as I add more pics, but I leave the set-up alone. Here's the last one that I saw. ;)

One of the arches to a city park in Jackson, Wyoming.

5.  If you had the attention of the entire world for two minutes, what would you say?
The first question is do I play this straight or go for the laugh? The whole world? Two minutes? Gotta play it straight. Next question, why am I in the spotlight? Maybe it doesn't matter. Maybe is shouldn't matter. If I had the attention of the entire world for two minutes, I would have to say, "God love You! God loves you as if you were the only one" (Augustine).

6.  Four fashion trends to try this fall are-brocade/jacquard (fancy printed fabrics), peplum, lace, and printed pants...which of these four would you be most likely to wear?
Ooooo ... everything old is new again. I'm having flashbacks to the late 70s early 80s. I might have to look at some images to see where they're going with this. I never stopped wearing lace, and I've always been drawn to jacquard fabrics, so I'd have to say those.

7.  What can make your bad day better?
Why seeing all my bloggy friends, of course!  But a little chocolate never hurts. ;)

8.  Insert your own random thought here. 
Dancing with the Stars All-Stars are back! Guess where I'll be on Monday nights? (Or at least catching up over at Travis'. lol)

15 comments:

I am a DWTS fan as well. I was glad to see Pamela go home and shocked that Drew was in jeopardy.

I've seen that computer and friends graphic around - and it's true of myself as well. It's a cute one! :)

Maggots get a big ick from me! I love your answer to #5 : ) Enjoy your day!

OHHH mercy - DWTS this year is going to be INTENSE! I'm just glad they got rid of Pam outright. She didnt belong in this!

I love that cartoon :)

that's bad if kids today dont even know what CD's are... wow... I still have cassettes in my home :)

I'm a granny smith fan also. Great message to the world!

I guess it goes to show how important the voting really is. I figure Pam was in there to be the sacrificial dancer for the first week. After this, every week could be a killer.

It's so true. I have relationships with people all over the world. That would be impossible without the good ol' 'puter. :)

They were being used as fishing bait. Now, I'm no experienced fisher-person, but I've never heard of that. Ewww ... my other stand-by. ;)

They all have their iPods or listen to music through their phones that hold thousands of music files. They have no need for music CDs. Computer programs as usually downloaded from the internet.

Pssst ... I still have cassettes too. ;)

Gabrielle Douglas, the gold medal gymnast from the Olympics, was so eloquent when she was in the international spotlight.

Is Caramel with Nuts an apple variety? :D

Sure, especially when they're covering a Rome apple! (They're HUGE.) :)

I wasn't pleased with the week 2 elimination of Joey and Kym, but then that's really going to be the reaction for the next 7 weeks until we get to the end. I don't want any of them to go home because I'm enjoying all of the dancing.

Post a Comment