Saturday, April 20, 2013

Saturday, April 20, 2013 - , 4 comments

Running for Boston

Well ... make that walking for Boston. A friend of mine and her child had a wonderful idea ... To get 26 people to go one mile together as a kind of cooperative marathon to show solidarity  with the people of Boston. Hey, that's something that even I could do.

Guess what? We had over 50 Friday evening, and it made the front page of the local newspaper. Because of the shorter distance, lots of families with kids came out. I was proud to be a part of it. Here's a little memento from the event.



Here's to happier days. Keep the faith!

4 comments:

I came to a realization last week that I no longer require 24 hour news media. I got enough information about time lines and facts about who-what-where-why-how from my local news broadcasts. I didn't want or need all of the speculation and I certainly didn't care for the mistakes and misdirections that came about because some media were in a hurry to be first rather than accurate.

It was certainly much more gratifying to see the stories about the first responders and the incredible outpouring of support by ordinary citizens toward the victims and the families.

Travis: Yeah, that's a whole level of obsessiveness that I can't take. I wanted to know what was going on, and glancing at my home page and an occasional news report was able to give me that. From that I actually saw quite a bit that featured the first responders and other helpers. It definitely reduces the stress that so many people have mentioned. And we "keep moving forward" (Walt Disney).

Joyce: It was a lot of fun to be a part of something positive that week. :)

Post a Comment