Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - ,,,, 3 comments

Hodgepodge

It's time for the Hodgepodge, hosted by Joyce at From This Side of the Pond. Fancy playing along? Answer a question or two in the comments here. Post all your answers on your own blog. List your post over at Joyce's, and some nice people will visit your blog and comment.

1. When I look at the sky I am endlessly fascinated.

When I look at the sky I am endlessly facinated. This is especially true since I've moved to drier climes. I love to study the quality of the blue.Sometimes it's more of a baby blue. Sometimes it's shockingly dark and intense. Storm clouds can be very interesting. Sometimes I'm trying to figure how bad the storm is going to be. Grey and uniformly overcast is less exciting. That's how it was a lot in Update New York where I grew up. We were told that NY State had more cloudy days a year than any other state in the Union including Alaska. I don't know if it is a scientific fact, but it surely seemed plausable. Is it any wonder that I set off in search of sunnier skies?



2. If you had to run for political office, which one would you run for? Do you have any real desire to actually do this?

Maybe for City Council, but no, I don't have any real desire to do it.

3. What scent makes you think of home?

Baked ham and potato salad. That's what my mom always makes the day I arrive at her house. My grandmother used to do the same thing. Not only was it absolutely delish, but neither the traveler nor the cook had to worry about the exact timing.

4. How often do you take a step back to think about where you're headed in life? Do you need more or less self-reflection?

Periodically ... Usually near the beginning of the year. I have a survey that started out as a meme. However, the questions are pretty good, and it's nice to be able to compare and contrast one year from the next. I did it quite a lot as I was preparing for seminary until shortly after I graduated. I needed a break from that for a while. It was nice to coast for a while. However, the course I'm following to become ordained clergy requires quite a lot of direction assessment and self-reflection. (Yes, you can have too much of a good thing! lol)

5. July is National Ice Cream Month...besides a cone, what's your favorite food item to top with ice cream?

Something called Paradise Pie that used to be offered at Chili's. They've discontinued it. *sad face* It was a wonderful concoction with brown sugar, choclate chips, coconut, among other things. They would heat it for a moment then put the ice cream on top. Can you tell that I'm still mourning the loss?

(Picture by Ph.Ds of FOOD.)
6. What might your autobiography be called?

This is a hard one. If you've ever read this blog before, you'll know that I'm usually crap at titles. lol How about Spiritual Dancing? No, that might give the wrong impression. Maybe I should go with Spirituality Quest: One Woman's Journey to Find God One Dance Step at a Time. What do you think it should be. What would be the title of your autobiography?

7. Your least favorite mode of transportation? Why?

Scooter? It just seems like it would be such an uneven workout for one's legs. Eventually, one leg would be a lot larger than the other. *smile*

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

I'm going to be teaching some new ballroom dance classes soon, and I needed some new tango music. It's incredibly difficult to find good new ballroom tango songs. Usually, it's the same songs done in different (and often beautiful) arrangements. I was able to add some great ones to my collection. Here's just one.



Any questions capture your attention?

3 comments:

I don't think I knew you were a ballroom dance instructor. How fun! I do think the sky is a little prettier out west. Somehow it feels bigger. Enjoy your day!

Endlessly fascinated.....I love that and I feel the same way! Like the title suggestions of your book. That sounds like some awesome tango music.

Joyce: Yes, I've been teaching ballroom dance for almost 25 years, on and off. Yikes! I didn't think I'd have a chance to do it again once I went to seminary, but an opportunity opened up at the local university last fall. Now, I'm also going to be teaching at a local performing arts school. This will be my first time teaching people under 18 years old, and I'm a little nervous about it. lol

Debby: You like my titles? I have been working to improve. Maybe it's having some effect. :)

Post a Comment