Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Wednesday, December 31, 2008 - , 6 comments

2008 Wrap-Up

I've been searching for a New Year's meme that has a balance of interesting but not so personal that I let all the skeletons out of the closet. (I might want to get a new job someday.) I also didn't want it a million questions long. BORING! lol So, this is what I came up with. I stole most of it, and changed what I didn't like. Here's a little something in case you find yourself on Survivor, and need a little trivia about me. :)

1. What was the best thing that happened to you personally in 2008? For years, my life had God directed purpose, and I enthusiastically was sailing towards my goals. Then, all of a sudden, I hit a huge patch of fog, and I was dead in the water for about 10 months. The best thing that happened is that I talked online to a gentleman who helped me to navigate out of the fog. I will always be grateful to him though I’m afraid that he decided to remain back there. Life would have been so much better if I had been able to keep him as my friend.

2. What was the worst thing that happened to you personally in 2008? The worst thing that happened to me was that I didn’t trust my instincts, and I did what I thought was the “correct” thing to do. This was taking a good paying job that was handed to me on a silver platter. I thought that it was a gift from God. It really was too good to be true, and I was miserable. Of course, these things are always easy to see later.

3. What was the best thing to happen to all of us in 2008? President-Elect Barack Obama. His election proves that Americans can get beyond race for the right candidate. He has the ability to inspire people to a higher purpose. Whether that is rebuilding standing in the world or calling people at home to do difficult things, it is necessary to get the support he will need to face the challenges of his presidency.

4. What was the worst thing to happen to all of us in 2008? The demonstration of how bad it can be when greed overwhelms ethics. I guess it all proves the old adage, “Trust but Verify.” There was no verification as everyone was jumping on the money train as it ran straight over the side of a cliff.

5. What was the best gift you received during the ’08 holidays? An invitation to my mom’s for the holidays next year. We’ve had some toes stepped on in recent years regarding this, so this is great news.

6. What was the best gift (most appropriate or best received) you gave during the ’08 holidays? A bottle of Blue Cheese drizzling oil to my mother. Oh man, my mom loves this stuff. I got it from Williams-Sonoma. (That place is like the toy section of the old Sears catalogue used to be when I was a kid.)

7. Do you have any regrets about what you did in 2008? Is this a rhetorical question? Anyone who says they don’t have regrets is lying. We all have to make choices everyday. What if …

The bigger question would be … Would I have done anything differently? No, not really. Do I wish that a couple of things could have been different? YES!!!


8. Do you have any regrets about what you didn’t do in 2008? That I didn’t make it to 26 miles in a row on my bike, 20 ½ yes, but not 26. That and I didn’t get to physically meet the man that led me out of the fog. Ultimately, it might have made things a lot worse, but it also could have resolved the main issue between us. Now, we’ll never know.

9. Resolutions for 2009? Now’s the time for them. Yeah, sure … What a good idea. LOL
  • To Boldly go where the Lord leads me without fear … “… for Thou art with me. Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.”
  • To worry less and live more. In the words of the Nike slogan … Just Do It. Or as one of my favorite film characters, Auntie Mame says, “Live, live, LIVE! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death.”
  • To remember that bored people are boring, and then be part of the solution rather than part of the problem.
  • To be proactive rather than procrastinate. Find excitement in the mundane. It is there in the trenches where you turn your dreams into reality.
That's all folks! Everything you never wanted to know. LOL Have a Happy & Safe New Year! :)

6 comments:

"to worry less and live more"

Amen Girl! ;)

Now, to put it into practice. :)

Sounds like you really got on the right path. Happy new year!

I pray that you're right. :) And Happy New Year to you too!

Post a Comment