Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thursday, July 23, 2009 - 7 comments

Three Word Thursday #20

This is hosted @ Quintessentially Quilly, and we use antique words in (hopefully) wild and wonderful ways. Stop by Quilly's place to check out all of the creative geniuses.
This week's words:
  • acrasia (n) 1. Excess; intemperance.
    2. Lacking self control.
  • murklins (n) darkness.
  • oncethmus (n) braying
The Misadventures of Malcontent Myrtle Macintosh
Everyone has always thought of Myrtle as the antithesis of an acrasia. Her reputation was one of an iron will and complete control at all times. This gave the people around her the unnatural desire to see her cut-lose.
She certainly gave them the opportunity a couple of weeks ago at the party where she danced on a few tables. It both pleased and infuriated her that everyone was so shocked. It bothered her that they didn’t think that she had the ability to be … what … carefree? But she did like the fact that she was able to surprise them. After all, they don’t really know her. Not that she really gave them the chance.
rvx-katharine-hepburn
The way that Roger had been following her around like a hound had annoyed her at first, but he was beginning to grow on her. She knew that she wasn’t the easiest person to get to know. She had to appreciate his effort. Maybe, she would let him in on her plan. The idea of it made her feel warm all over.
It must be accomplished in murklins. Being wild and crazy never had the same kind of shocking effect in the light of day. But what to do? What to do? If she was really honest with herself, she really didn’t have acary grant lot of practice with this kind of thing. And she really wasn’t interested in anything particularly sorted though it would certainly shock people.
Perhaps tomorrow she would ask Roger about it. Surly, he would have some good ideas though it might involve something with horse oncethmus.
(Previous Episode)

7 comments:

I've missed this. Excellent use of the words as usual and I'm intrigued with the horse oncethmus. Myrtle has a lot of secrets I think and I'm looking so forward to getting to know what they are. :)

Another good continuing writer. Now I really have to wait with expectation for next Thursday.

Myrtle is becoming more and more intriguing. Do go on ....

My first episode of Myrtle. Sounds intriguing. Looking forward to the next one.

Thom: Well, there will only be horse oncethmus if Roger has anything to say about it. I wouldn't exactly hold my breath. lol ;)

Dr. John: Thanks so much! As I was falling asleep last night, I was trying to figure out what I ... *ahem* ... ummmm ... Myrtle was going to do. :)

Quilly: I'm glad that someone thinks so. I felt it was a little weak, myself. lol

Anthony: Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

Oh please..then I'm going to need my earplugs LOL. If ya aren't to busy, there's something for you on my blog. Aloha mwah!!!

Thom: I'll be right over. ;)

Post a Comment