In an effort to ease back into the blogging thing, I decided to do something easy. A little Saturday 9 seems like just the ticket. ;) And it's time for ...
Saturday 9: Hot Fun in the Summertime
1. Is summer your favorite season? Why? Well no, 'cause it's too darn HOT! (I've been having "issues" with my AC all month, a major cause of my prolonged absence as we had many days with triple digit temps. Have I whined long enough? Why yes, I think that I have.)
If I could sit next to a pool with a cool drink in my hand while being shaded and fanned by cabana boys, we could talk about this "summer" thing. ;)
2. Do you exercise more in the summer because you wear less clothing? Ha-ha-ha! Exercising in the summer might force me to wear less clothing, but I don't have to like it. LOL When people start playing the stripper song backwards are they trying to tell you to put it back on? :p
3. Do you enjoy tanning or are you more concerned about the dangers of basking in the sun? Not overly concerned about the dangers of basking in the sun, but I don't really care to broil myself like a piece of meat. But I like to do things outside, which has the added benefit of adding some color to the skin.
4. You are on the beach when a waiter appears for your drink order. What do you ask for? Hmmm ... If the cabana boys are there, something mildly alcoholic might be nice, but I'd probably still order water no matter what. On the beach, probably mineral water with a slice of lime.
5. Do you camp in the summertime? It's been known, but it's been a VERY long time. I wouldn't mind getting away.
6. What was your favorite summer vacation as a kid? It usually involved a sparkling lake with lots of opportunities for playing in the water whether swimming, boating, or what have you. Good times!
7. Do you enjoy sleeping outdoors? Not so much. A nap in a hammock under a shady tree or at the beach might be alright, but at night ... well, lets just say that I'm not too keen on the creepy crawlies, and I certainly don't want to wake-up and realize that I have a snake in the sleeping bag with me. LOL
8. Do you throw a summer barbecue every year? You might think it strange as I live in West Texas, but I haven't really grilled since I got here. Even I find it a bit odd.
9. Have you ever been to a nude beach? If yes, what did you think? Ummm ... no. Thom's the expert on that in my "social circle." You'll just have to ask him yourself. ;)
So everything you never wanted to know. But now I want to go to the lake. :) Have a great weekend!