Saturday, October 31, 2009

Saturday, October 31, 2009 - 8 comments

The Delight of Satin Sheets

I realize that I have been gone for quite a while, and really I won't be in a position to change that for quite a while, probably December at least. School is taking up so much of my time, and I have to spend so much time reading & writing that I don't have the time or creative juices to come up with blog posts. I do occasionally have time for the 140 characters for a Tweet, but that's about it. (You can see that info on my sidebar, btw, if you're one of those anti-Twitter nazis. LOL)

However, today I find myself with 10 free minutes. And since I've mentioned them in a couple of blog posts, I had to tell you about might first night on my new satin sheets. I was finally able to find some at a reasonable price, thanks to a link over @ Quilly's. They arrived yesterday.

They were WONDERFUL!!! For the first time in my life I was able to sleep in cottony pj's without waking up with the sleeves and pant legs all twisted around my arms and legs in a knot. Whenever I tried that in the past, I would wake up feeling like I'd been tied up in a tourniquet. But this morning, I found everything where it should be. ;) This will be really nice as things get colder, and I want to wear cozier things to bed.

And to all you nay-sayers, I'll have you know that I was never at risk of sliding out of bed. LOL That might be a different story if I was wearing something silky, and I'm not going to use the satin pillowcase. And that means that I get to go shopping for a nice soft pillowcase. Mmmmm ...

Final score? Satin Sheets gets 4 out of 4 stars.

8 comments:

I am glad you like your satin sheets. That is all that matters.

Ghost, Goblins, Ghouls, Oh, My

But Cherie, if you use the satin pillow case, when you wake in the morning your hair will not be a mess.

I was thinking about you and wondering if you were okay. It is good to hear from you every now and then. And I'm glad one of my links helped you find your sheets.

I don't care for satin sheets, but I do like a good high thread count cotton. We put our flannel sheets back on at the beginning of October and it wasn't a moment too soon. It got cold really fast when the season changed.

Sounds like you're enjoying school. That's great!

How about sharing a little of school with us the next time you blog.
What classes are you taking.
How hard are they.
What are you discovering.
Boy am I nosey.
Glad the sheets worked.

Nessa: Thanks! :)

Quilly: The satin pillow for my hair was something that I hadn't considered. I'll have to think about how to work that because I'm afraid that the satin pillow with the sheets might cause me to hit the floor. LOL

Travis: In a couple of years, when I can go back to sleeping how I prefer, it will be a joy to return to cotton. And flannel sheets are so wonderfully cozy in the winter. :)

Dr. John: Will do. I really am enjoying my classes, but they are certainly keeping my nose to the grindstone. lol

Well I'm glad you got your satin sheets. Spike just likes plain old sheets...go figure...study hard :) MWAH

Spike: I will try. Now, that I took a break, it's hard to force myself back at it. But I must. :)

as long as you're comfy :)

I love satin but not in sheets, just doesn't feel good to me

Post a Comment