Friday, November 18, 2011

Friday, November 18, 2011 - , 8 comments

Five on Friday - A Little Bit Country

My friend Travis over at Trav's Thoughts does this fun meme with Five Songs on Friday. It's fun and easy to play. Head over there and see what it's all about.

Yes, I'm a child of the 70's, and that means that when I was about 7 years old, I watched Donny & Marie every week, probably while wearing purple socks. (If you don't know what I'm talking about you're either not from the United States or under 40 years old, or both. No worries.)

The point of all this is that Donny & Marie had a segment called "A Little Bit Country/A Little Bit Rock and Roll." And today, I'm featuring a little bit of country on my playlist. These are some of my favorites. Hope you like them too!



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Have a good weekend!

8 comments:

Some great music there. During the 80s I worked for a country radio station, so these songs bring back memories.

cool tunes.thanks for sharing them.

I love Donny and Marie. I actually had the dolls and the purple socks never came off! Glad I found your blog. Thankful for NaBloPoMo and the great people I am meeting. Enjoy your day!

When I first saw the title of the post in my reader, I got a little bit excited because I've always had a crush on Marie and Pam has always had a crush on Donny. I thought I might see pictures of Donny and Marie, and some of their music.

But the Set you gave us instead works too!

The Donny "action figure" doll came with purple socks and an itty bitty ascot...

Jamie: I'm not drawn to country as a general rule, but you know. Good is good. :)

Mike: I had a good time putting it together!

Heather: Another purple sock girl. We need to stick together! Thanks for stopping by! Long live NaBloPoMo! :)

Travis: Sorry to pull the bait and switch on you. I'll make it up to you. I promise.

Joy: I see you're going incognito ... as yourself. lol I don't know that I had the action figures. That sounds like something that my dad would have laid the law down about. My aunt (his older sister) got round him though by sending me Charlie's Angels "Barbie" dolls. lol Itty bitty purple socks?! (in the voice of Geoff) Awesome!

As the sole member of the 5 on Friday posse who is allergic to country music, I'd have to say that the Wynonna Judd one was the easiest one for me to listen to.

Thanks for popping by Amy Ruttan's blog for my guest post!

Julia: I thank you for risking anaphylactic shock for me. :)

Post a Comment