Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday, January 20, 2012 - , 9 comments

Five on Friday - Anniversary Eddition


Happy Anniversary to Travis and his Five on Friday meme! I haven't been playing the whole time, but now it's just a part of my Friday. I love music, and this gives me an excuse to get lost in it.

If you'd like to join in, here are the guidelines:
  1. Grab the banner, make your post title Five on Friday, and be sure to link back to Trav's Thoughts.
  2. Pick five songs from Playlist.com, Youtube, Vimeo, etc.You may choose a particular theme to share with us, or post random tunes if that's your vibe for the day. You can simply post the Set, or you can add a little summary about what you are sharing.
  3. Be sure to sign Mr Linky @ Trav's Thoughts so everyone can visit your Set.No tags, but feel free to invite your friends to play along if they need a post topic on a Friday.
 This week in honor of the anniversary, I decided to count my way up to five. Either through the song title or the name of the artist, we'll do our count.

We start it off with The Chiffons and "One Fine Day"


Next we have Ella Fitzgerald "Tea for Two"


Now, it's time for a little Three Dog Night and "Joy to the World" (Man, it's a good thing that I never saw these guys when I was learning to love the song. I might have been scarred for life. lol)


Then there's Gloria Estefan with "1-2-3-4"


And finally we wrap it up with one of my favorite Jackson 5 songs, "The Love You Save". (Warning, it stops rather suddenly at the end.)


Happy Anniversary again Travis! It was a great idea. And everyone have a great weekend!

9 comments:

Love your songs for today. Sounds like a happy day. :)

I am glad that you are playing along. some people have come and gone but it is always a pleasure to visit with those that do play along. you have a great set this week. I chose a TV intro theme this week.

Sandie: Yes, those songs can't help but make me happy! :)

Mike: It's so much fun. :)

Excellent taste, especially in picking song #3. ;P

fantastic way to present the theme
love One Fine Day

Great idea for a celebration set, Cherie!

Excellent tunes and a great idea to count from 1 to 5 with song titles, lyrics, and artist names.

Joy: That is a fun song. :)

Dianne: So glad that you enjoyed it.

Julia: Thanks! I think that this is one of my favorite sets so far. :)

Travis: You snuck in when I was in the midst of posting. lol I had a lot of fun putting it together, but you'll never know how hard it was to find a version of Tea for Two that I could live with. To be honest I was looking for the cha cha one that you posted not to long ago. I realized at this exact moment that I should have gone to your blog to look for it first! Duh! LOL

Post a Comment