Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - , 9 comments

Hodgepodge

Joyce over at From This Side of the Pond hosts this Wednesday meme that have some interesting questions. Do you want to play?



1. The first day of spring is here...do you enjoy working in the yard? Weeding, raking, mowing, planting-your favorite springtime garden chore? How about your least favorite?


I've never been much of a gardener though I do enjoy other people's exploits. About the only thing that I can keep alive are cactus. The last couple of summers I did find a favorite yard job ... mowing the lawn on my stepfather's riding lawn mower. He has a NASCAR number on the hood. A couple of times I felt like I was going to put her on two wheels as I was coming around a corner. lol





2. What puts a spring in your step?
"On the Street Where You Live" though it can sound like stalking if you take it too far. ;)


3. Describe a time when you had to spring into action?
I'm having trouble thinking of something on this one. I know I have, but alas ...


4. We're having carrots for dinner...would you prefer yours raw or cooked?
Raw, no question. Just call me Bugs.



5. Do you take the shampoos and other sundries from your hotel room when its time to check out?
Sure if I like them. No, not the towels. ;)

6. What's the most enjoyable team or club you've belonged to and what was it that made it so?
My time at a student at Fred Astaire Dance Studios is what I'd call my most enjoyable team or club. In a way, it was a bit of both at times. It was like social training for someone who never had it. It was a place where men always acted like gentlemen and women acted like ladies. There was a level of civility and manners that was brought on by the ballroom atmosphere. And then of course was the dancing ...


7. Is cloning a sign of progress?
It certainly is a testimony to the advances in the understanding of DNA, but I guess I watched too many episodes of Star Trek to be comfortable with the idea of genetic engineering. Or seen too many sci-fi films where clones were created for spare parts for their "prototype." Cloning seems too susceptible to abuse.

The superb Ricardo Montalban as the Superior Intellect, Khan from Star Trek II


8. Insert your own random thought here.
A pair of geese have settled on the riverbank near my apartment. It's sweet to see them swimming up and down. I'll have to work on getting a picture of them.

9 comments:

Hi Cherie!
Too funny about the Nascar number on the lawnmower! We live by a small lake and we get geese all the time in our yard. I really love to watch them. Have a good one!

Go girl! you and your riding mower. I agree with you regarding cloning. Have a good day.

I've seen geese flying overhead many times, but not too much where they settled for a while. It's a nice change.

Alas, my racing days are over ... at least for now, but I sure enjoyed it. :)

thanks for stopping by always a pleasure to see you

blessings gina

I'm not much for gardening either...or housecleaning when you get right down to it.

Haha! Thanks for the visual of you tearing around the corner on the lawn mower!

Hi exceptional website! Does running a blog like this require a large amount of work?
I have virtually no expertise in computer programming but I had been hoping to start my own blog in the near future.

Anyhow, if you have any recommendations or tips for new blog
owners please share. I understand this is off subject
but I simply had to ask. Appreciate it!
Also visit my blog post honda lawn tractors

Thank you so much! This blog doesn't require much work at all (except for coming up with content - lol). It's a standard template from blogger with the background from Cutest Blog on the Block. (See the button link at the top left hand corner of the page.) It didn't require knowledge of computer programming at all. Just need to follow the directions provided. Good luck with your blog!

Post a Comment