1. The first day of spring is here...do you enjoy working in the yard? Weeding, raking, mowing, planting-your favorite springtime garden chore? How about your least favorite?
I've never been much of a gardener though I do enjoy other people's exploits. About the only thing that I can keep alive are cactus. The last couple of summers I did find a favorite yard job ... mowing the lawn on my stepfather's riding lawn mower. He has a NASCAR number on the hood. A couple of times I felt like I was going to put her on two wheels as I was coming around a corner. lol
2. What puts a spring in your step?
"On the Street Where You Live" though it can sound like stalking if you take it too far. ;)
3. Describe a time when you had to spring into action?
I'm having trouble thinking of something on this one. I know I have, but alas ...
4. We're having carrots for dinner...would you prefer yours raw or cooked?
Raw, no question. Just call me Bugs.
5. Do you take the shampoos and other sundries from your hotel room when its time to check out?
Sure if I like them. No, not the towels. ;)
6. What's the most enjoyable team or club you've belonged to and what was it that made it so?
My time at a student at Fred Astaire Dance Studios is what I'd call my most enjoyable team or club. In a way, it was a bit of both at times. It was like social training for someone who never had it. It was a place where men always acted like gentlemen and women acted like ladies. There was a level of civility and manners that was brought on by the ballroom atmosphere. And then of course was the dancing ...
7. Is cloning a sign of progress?
It certainly is a testimony to the advances in the understanding of DNA, but I guess I watched too many episodes of Star Trek to be comfortable with the idea of genetic engineering. Or seen too many sci-fi films where clones were created for spare parts for their "prototype." Cloning seems too susceptible to abuse.
|The superb Ricardo Montalban as the Superior Intellect, Khan from Star Trek II|
8. Insert your own random thought here.
A pair of geese have settled on the riverbank near my apartment. It's sweet to see them swimming up and down. I'll have to work on getting a picture of them.