Saturday, August 25, 2012

Saturday, August 25, 2012 - ,, 4 comments
One of the things that excited me about moving to Idaho was the idea of living in the Rocky Mountains. That was one region of the country that I hadn't had much contact with. But it wasn't what I thought it was going to be like at all. I was thinking of tall trees and mountain streams.

Here's the thing though. As I was driving back and forth to Minnesota this summer, I found myself traveling through Montana and Wyoming, and boy, did I get what I was looking for, and then some.

Now that's what I'm talking about.

Stunning countryside. This one is in Montana, and just over that ridge is Wyoming, where things got even more beautiful. The pictures I have don't even begin to scratch the surface. (Get this. I forgot the memory card for my camera. Luckily, I was able to use the camera on my cell phone, but the quality went way down. Thank God for editing software.)

I hadn't had an adventure since last summer, so I've certainly made up for lost time in the last several weeks. Boy, do I have a story for you! ;)

4 comments:

The cool thing about the northwest is that you get the kind of tall trees and mountains in your picture, plus you get stretches of prairie that can be just as breath taking.

Not that kind of story. I just meant talking about my trip and posting pics. But, I'm going to pace myself, and tell it over a number of posts. :)

It's funny. Even though we're basically only about 2-2 1/2 hours out of Salt Lake City, the people around here seem to identify themselves with and are drawn more to Oregon and Washington state. It's an interesting dynamic.

Post a Comment