Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 - ,,, 10 comments

Hodgepodge

What could be better to get me back in to the blogging swing of things than Hodgepodge?  Joyce over at From This Side of the Pond hosts this meme that has some interesting questions each week. Do you want to play?

1. Aloha! On August 21, 1959 Hawaii officially became a US state. Have you ever been? Upon arrival would you prefer an orchid or a hibiscus to tuck behind your ear?
I had the great pleasure of going to Maui some years ago. What a magical experience. Even if some of it was cliche, it felt like being in a favorite movie or something. I'll go with the hibiscus behind my ear.

2. Since we're talking tropical...what's your favorite food or beverage made with pineapple?
Actually, I prefer it in the raw, so I'm going to say fruit salad. Unless, we're talking exotic cocktails. Then, I might be open to some experimentation. ;)

3. Do you believe in soul mates? Explain.
I don't know if I actually believe in them, or I want to believe in them. I've seen some couples that absolutely clicked with each other. I've also experienced a couple of friendships where it felt like I've known the person all my life even though we've just met. (And, I'm not talking about meeting online friends in real life. That's special and amazing in a completely different way.)

4. Share a memory about the house you grew up in.
The house I grew up in ... I lived in a lot of different places, a lot of different houses (or apts) during that time period, but there is one that I became attached to far more that the rest. We only lived there for two years, but in a way, it seemed like a lifetime. It was an idealized pastoral vision that would be appreciated by Emerson, Thoreau, Wordsworth, etc. Just to start, we had a garden that had a wide variety of fruit trees. There were overgrown raspberry bushes and lilac bushes to die for. Oh, it was fun to be a kid in the summer time there.

5. Are you comfortable with silence?
Yes. ;)

6. You spot a giant spider on your bedroom wall...what's your next move? (all spiders are giant, right?)
Determine which way it's moving and how I can get out of the room to get something to deal with it. ("Deal with it" can mean a variety of things depending how brave I'm feeling at that particular moment.)

7. My idea of fun does NOT include ______________.
Bungee jumping. Those cords seem to have gotten a bit stretched out over the years. I'm starting to hear of more and more problems with them. Heck, I got the willies during the first few jumps of the high platform diving at the Olympics, and that was on tv!

8. Insert your own random thought here. 
Last weekend I went to the Grand Tetons Nat'l Park as a kind of last hurrah before the end of the summer season. Really beautiful country. More people need to visit Wyoming. It really is stunning.


10 comments:

Grand Teton Nat'l Park is on my must-see list. I really want a trip out west! I will not be bungee jumping either, even if they can guarantee the cords. I enjoyed watching the diving but I have to wonder who was the first person to get up on that 10m platform and think doing a handstand was a good idea? Makes my stomach flip flop just watching.

Have a nice week!

We visited the Tetons and Yellowstone two years ago and i agree, it was absolutely gorgeous! (Personally, and I hope this doesn't make me anti-American, I preferred the Tetons over Yellowstone! But shhhhh.... don't tell anyone!) your house description sounds amazing!!! have a wonderful day!

If you ever make it out to Grand Teton Nat'l Park area, I'll give you a tip. The area around the park is actually more dramatic, so save some time for that too. :)

Tetons over Yellowstone seems to be the general consensus. Yellowstone has more geological oddities, while the Tetons have more beauty?

I have always wanted to visit Wyoming and Montana - that picture is beautiful :) Happy Wednesday!

You forgot to warn me about the nasty creepy eight legged monstrosity question!!!

I visited them both for the first time in the last few weeks. Really are amazing.

Sorry about that bud. I'm not too keen on them either. ;)

Post a Comment