Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 13 comments

Hodgepodege

Joyce over at From This Side of the Pond hosts this Wednesday meme that have some interesting questions. This is my second week, and I'm having fun playing along. Do you want to play?

1. It's that most wonderful time of the year...tax season! Do you complete your own returns or farm that job out to the professionals?
I don't make enough money to need professional help ... for my taxes. ;)
 
2. This next question comes from Kansas Bob...he posed it in his response to something I asked in an earlier Wednesday post and I asked him if I could add it to the Hodgepodge some day. Today's the day....

Which do you think has changed you more-love or pain?

That is a good question. So many different levels. My first thought was to say pain because I have (mostly subconsciously) crafted my life to avoid being hurt. However, love inspired me leave my safe life and go to seminary, throwing caution to the wind. If it weren't for that love, I wouldn't be in Idaho now.
3. Tangerine Tango has been named color of the year for 2012. Your thoughts? Would I find this color anywhere in your house? How about in your closet? If not, will you be adding this color to your life in some way in 2012? If you're not sure what tangerine tango looks like click here.
I think that I do have something in my house that bears a striking resemblance to "Tangerine Tango" though I don't know if it is an exact match. What I can tell you is that it is a mere coincidence. I acquired the pieces years ago. I would never buy something because it is the it thing of the year. My rebellious nature might even make me resist getting it unless I really loved it. Besides, as a general rule, I'm not drawn to orange though it can make a nice accent color.
4. Are you a collector? What do you collect and does it get admired, used, and/or dusted regularly?
I've tried to be a collector. Does that count? I tried to collect turkey napkin rings, but I found the selection to be too limited. However, they do get to make an appearance around Thanksgiving time. :)
5. February is National Heart Month...besides a green salad what is one tasty heart healthy dish you like to prepare?
I just got a new bottle of extra-virgin olive oil. Olive oil's supposed to be good for your heart. Does that count?
 
6. When was the last time you had car trouble?
I really wouldn't like to tempt fate by talking about it. lol
7. Have you been more demanding on yourself lately or less? Is that a good trend?
Both? I feel enormous pressure to do my job well, and I work very hard on it. Yet, I also feel that I'm not being nearly as productive as I could or should.  It's a good trend if I can turn the pressure into production. I had to spend a lot of time "fighting fires" when I first started. Now, I'm able to do more long range planning (at least a few months out). That should really help with things. (Isn't this exciting? Not! lol)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I want a puppy.

Hope you have a fantabulous Wednesday ... Tune in tomorrow when I talk about religion. I think that I'm going to start calling it Provocative Thursday. :)
 

13 comments:

Ha-I saved that car trouble question until a week I knew I had to visit the repair shop. I don't want to tempt fate either : )

We are considering a puppy in the spring. I do love them but I keep remembering that they're kind of a lot of work. Our dog is almost 10 and so easy...always has been really. I think she'd be a good example to a younger dog and she's very social and does not have an aggressive bone in her body.

Your dog looks so sweet. Actually, the post you had with her recently is part of what reminded me. Unfortunately, I'm not living in a place where I can have a dog, so I have to be content with whining about it ... And posting cute fantasy pictures. lol

Your quote about the voices only talking to you made me laugh. Every once in a while I get into the "new puppy" thing until I remember how much work they are.

It's true that puppies chew things and piddle where they shouldn't, but I'm open-minded enough to adopt a full grown "puppy". :D

Love your answer to #1; it made me laugh out loud.
Olive oil counts...if you use it!
Ahh, puppies. They are so cute & cuddly.
My post tomorrow will be about the religion behind Groundhog's Day. I will definitely tune in to see what's on your agenda!

I sure would love to learn about the religion behind Groundhog's Day. I'll be tuning in to you too! :)

Hee hee. I love your sense of humor when asked "serious" questions!

Wait! I thought I was being serious. ;)

Oops, did I upset the Voices?? ;P

They know that color is orange, right?

You should get a puppy! Although I suspect that the puppy in that photograph is going to become quite a large dog.

I'll have to try the 'jealous' quote sometime. That's too funny!
I like how you lined up all your turkeys for that shot!

I wish I could get a puppy, but it just isn't in the cards at the moment. I think the one in the picture is a Bernese Mountain dog, but it looked so much like my last dog that I couldn't resist. I finally decided that she was a Bernese Brittany Spaniel mix. Looked like the former (in miniature) and acted like the latter. I miss my Fossy. *pouts*

I saw that line long long ago on a t-shirt or something. Sometimes, it just makes the perfect comment. lol

Post a Comment