Saturday, November 12, 2011

Saturday, November 12, 2011 - , No comments

Saturday 9 - How Long

It's Saturday 9 time! A fun little meme with only 9 questions each week. This week the questions (or at least one of them) is inspired by "How Long" by Ace. And away we go!

Saturday 9: How Long

1. Have you discovered a betrayal? If so, did you ask, “How long has THIS been going on”?
Betrayals come in all shapes and sizes. Sure, I've felt betayed before, but as far as the "cheating" kind? Not really. Nothing that made me shout, "How long has THIS been going on?" at the time. I usually figured it out eventually anyway. [How much of a "non-answer" was that? lol Not really my intention, but ... ]
2. What is the longest line you've ever stood in? Would you do it again?
I hate standing in lines. I will often arrange my schedule, so that my wait will be the shortest possible. It might come from being raised in the Army, where you have to wait in line for Everything. So, I have definitely had my share.

But the longest? That's a hard question. It could be during the baseball playoffs, when I went in with my Homer Hankie to watch the Minnesota Twins. More than likely, it was at Disney World. At least most of those lines move pretty fast, and you're entertained while you're waiting. Are those worthy of waiting again? Heck, yes!
3. Someone has hung a sign around your neck, and you have to wear it all day long. What does it say?
Today, it would be "Contagious." I have a cold ... bummer.
4. As the Christmas season approaches, what song is it that you just can't wait to hear?
I have lots of favorite Christmas song, so it often depends on my mood. Today, I'll say, "Christmas Time Is Near" from A Charlie Brown Christmas.
5. What Christmas song do you dread to hear?
I really couldn't say. Must be the cold or something. ;)
6. How often do you read the last chapter of a book first?
Never. I don't ever recall doing that. I have looked at the end once or twice to see who the murderer was in a mystery, but that's only because I really didn't like the book. lol
7. Do you have a favorite movie that you just love to see each year during the holidays?
Again, that varies, but having recently watched the Halloween special, I'll say A Charlie Brown Christmas.
8. Do you enjoy winter in the area that you live?
This is my first winter in Idaho, so I'll have to wait and see. But they are very excited about winter activities around here. They seem to celebrate it rather than huddling in their homes, so I have high hopes.
9. At the holidays I think we all show more kindness. In your opinion, is this a “concept” that has value (like money or other tangible things) or does it exist as simply emotion? Why?
oooOOOooo, a deep question. Interesting. I would say that the business world puts a value on it. They tap into those feelings of good will to get us to buy more things. Charities receive the bulk of their funds during this time as well.

I think that it has value, even if those things were taken out of play. It's the caring for others that manifests itself through this buying and giving. But it doesn't have to be just that. It can be the doing as well.  Perhaps, that's part of why people are also more apt to feel depressed and lonely during this time. They don't feel that they have the opportunity to participate in the love fest.

So, the moral of this story is show a little kindness. Share a kind word. Let someone ahead of you in line. Don't get mad when someone cuts you off in traffic. They may be someone who just had a bad day and wants to return to their refuge at home.

Let's all get some rest, so that we'll be ready for the holiday craziness. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment