Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday, February 10, 2012 - , 14 comments

Five on Friday - I Like It

My friend Travis over at Trav's Thoughts does this fun meme with Five Songs on Friday. It's fun and easy to play. Head over there and see what it's all about and play along!

This week has more of a Latin beat. It all started with me driving home on Wednesday night and I started singing "I Like It Like That." I don't have any idea where it came from. I don't own a copy of it, and I didn't hear it on the radio or anything.  But I decided to go with it. :)

Some things to note, I think that Antonio Banderas is doing the lead vocal for the third song with Los Lobos. I have no idea what the actual title is because the exact same song was listed about five different ways (or more). I actually found it on the way while looking for the fourth song.

It is sung by Antonio Banderas, and it's real title is "Beautiful Maria of my Soul" or "Bella Maria de Mi Alma" from the soundtrack of The Mambo Kings (1991). I never saw the movie, but it was one of the first CDs that I ever owned. I didn't even have a CD player, but I was a new/young ballroom dance teacher. That CD had about the best Latin dance music available at the time. I still cherish it.

And the last song ... I've been looking for an excuse to play "Smooth" for a while. I'm actually quite surprised that it hasn't already made it onto a previous playlist.



Ah, now I feel satiated. Have a great weekend!

14 comments:

I love Santana and Rob Thomas, that song is fantastic

Scrubbing Bubbles used to be the hi-lite of my Friday cleaning frenzy. Now it's your playlist! How's THAT for a self-confidence boost, Cherie!

I think that I actually screamed in delight the first time I heard it. :)

That's what I'm talkin' about!

Motivational music for cleaning! That is impressive. I wish that it had that effect on me. :)

cool set you did this week.thanks for sharing it with us. when you visit with me for my 5 on friday bring a rain coat.you understand why when you get there.

Is there anyone in the world who can listen to "Smooth" and not want to dance? Great set. I bounced my way through the whole thing, but had to get on my feet for that one.

I think that I better bring my umbrella too. I'll be by in a bit. Glad you enjoyed the set! :)

It's absolutely impossible as far as I can tell. :)

Now that's my kind of set! LOVED the Los Lobos one, but especially Antonio's lovely voice on Beautiful Maria. *sigh*

Yeah, the guitar work on the Los Lobos one is amazing, and Antonio can sing to me anytime. :)

Two things...I love the Latin flavor of this cover of Something Stupid. The song itself is a favorite anyway, but this cover is a bonus.

And...Pam and I learned Cha Cha Cha to Smooth.

You might as well start off with the best! :)

Post a Comment