Saturday, February 11, 2012

Saturday, February 11, 2012 - , 6 comments

Two Great Things That Go Together

So, when I was looking to see what my options were for the Five on Friday song selections on Youtube, I happened to put "Tango" in the search parameters.  This just happened to come up. I know that I had two songs with Antonio Banderas yesterday.  It is a mere coinsidence; I swear!

A sensual Tango (from the film Take the Lead) and Antonio Banderas. Two great things that go well together. It's kinda like a sexy Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. Mmmmm ... delicious!

6 comments:

Some day I want to learn to tango. It looks so provocative. Have a good day.

If you get the opportunity, I say go for it. It is a really fun dance to do. Very dramatic. You have a good day too! :)

Does all this tango music mean you're doing a tango class for Valentine's Day? Itching to tap your toes again?

Alas no, and I try to avoid the "V" word as much as possible. To quote the character of David Addison (aka Bruce Willis) from the 80s tv show Moonlighting, "I'm fine with it, as long as I don't have to think about it." lol

However, in preparation for Lent, I am organizing about three different Bible Study classes. Oy! :)

Which is not to say that I wouldn't love to do a ballroom class. Maybe over the summer. :)

We were very disappointed in the dancing in that movie. It was OK, but we weren't quite prepared for the way they mixed hip hop with Latin ballroom. We thought it could have been done to much greater effect. And there just wasn't enough dancing for our taste.

I usually don't like dance movies. I know too much not to be critical, but I do like this tango. After seeing Antonio dance on Letterman (a related clip Youtube prompted), I think that he must have had a dance double through most of it. Nevertheless, I really love it, and I thought that it's place in this scene was very effective. :)

Post a Comment