Saturday, February 25, 2012

Saturday, February 25, 2012 - , 6 comments

Get Away from It All

Have you ever just wanted to lay back on your bed and watch the world go by? At the Igloo Village at Hotel Kakslauttanen, you can do just that.


This Finnish resort hotel above the Arctic Circle features glass igloos to give visitors the opportunity to watch the Aurora Borealis or the Northern Lights.

If you feel a little too exposed to be able to settle down for your long winter's nap, they have snug cabins too, as well as all sorts of outdoor winter activities: Winter Safari's, Ice Karting (Think Go-Kart), and even Snow shoeing. However, I may have to hold judgment on their claim that "there is nothing more relaxing than diving into an ice-hole."  Refreshing? Perhaps. :)  "Relaxing?" Really?

If it's all the same to you, I think that I'll stay in my room and gaze at the stars.

6 comments:

Shotgun! Called it!

Ha, slowpokes. Y'all have to squish in the back seat. I'll skooch my chair up, though, and I'll even buy the Doritos and M&Ms. Provided Cherie lets us eat in her car....and then plane...and then dogsled...

LOLOL You always know just what to say. :)

You know, I figured that I did my time in Siberia, and you live in a place that's even more brutal. But there was just something about this place that made me want to go. Maybe it's the way they celebrate the cold & snow and thrive in it.

So, let's pack up the Doritos, M&M's, and (if I may be so bold) some Dr. Pepper. I'll never make it without adequate supplies of my favorite "sparkling caffeine." :)

Excellent addition! Just DO NOT combine the Dr.Pepper with the M&M unless you are outside the vehicle. And facing away from me. And I have my video camera ready. (think Mentos & Diet Coke but with a colored foam fountain)

I like the lights in that photo. Snow reflecting a clear sky always gets my attention. And it's been ages since I've had a good view of the Northern Lights.

Hmmm ... I haven't had any adverse effects from Dr. P and M&Ms before, but I probably didn't have them in my mouth at the same time ... or the Dr. P and M&Ms either. *ba dump-bump*

Post a Comment