Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 - 26 comments

Hodgepodge

 Joyce over at From This Side of the Pond hosts this Wednesday meme that have some interesting questions. This is my second week, and I'm having fun playing along. Do you want to play?

1. What is something you are loving right now?
Having my own space again. Having a kitchen. Being able to see my pictures on the walls.


2. Paris, Venice, New York, and Rome are considered four of the most romantic cities in the world. Which one would you most like to visit?
Right now I'm not overly keen on any of them. I think that I'd pick Paris. Though the first time I went wasn't my greatest trip of all time, on the last day, I was finally figuring a few things out. I think that another trip would be much more enjoyable. Isn't that always the way. Just the time you have things figured out, it's time to leave. ;)
3. Are you a romantic?
If that means that I have to have a significant other to make me feel alive, then no. If it means still imagining been swept off my feet by the love of my life is possible, sometimes. ;)
4. What's your favorite love story made for the Big Screen?
Those aren't really the kind of films that I'm generally drawn to, but as I scan my video shelf, I would say that one of my top ones is Fools Rush In . It has one of my favorite lines. Matthew Perry says to Salma Hayek as they're about to part forever, but he stops her and says, "... You're the one. You are everything I never knew I always wanted ..." *swoon*
5. Everyone loves Pooh bear and friends...which character are you most like and why? Click here for help in answering this question.
The quizzy thingy said Kanga, and I'd go with that because I like to take care of people and things (though I'm really drawn to Tigger. Such a lovable non-conformist.)

6. What's the best chocolate something you've ever eaten?
 That's hard to say. I'd say several things are tied for 1st place, but the Italian Chocolate Cake at Johnny Cario's is one of them.


7. Share a favorite quote about love.
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres ... These three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love" (1 Cor 13:3-7, 13).
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm not quite sure why, but I seem to be noticing Kenneth Branagh all over the place these days. His movies are on tv, and he keeps making appearances on talk shows ... Well, at least he's been on Craig Ferguson quite a few times in the past several months ... Anyway, it makes me feel like something's up.

 And I'll only say one more thing about this random thought. If you have never liked or been able to understand Shakespeare, I highly recommend Branagh's production of Much Ado About Nothing. Not only does it have a stellar cast, but it is really understandable and funny!

P.S. I just saw where he's been nominated for an Oscar, so that must be it. :)

26 comments:

LOVE #7!!! And ya, if they're up for an Oscar, those always come out of the woodwork and media scrambles to follow 'em. You got that right.

Walking in Sunshine is my Wednesday Link...for Hodgepodge answers, scroll down a bit.

I like your curtains. Lovely quote choice too!

Great movie line! I don't know if I ever saw that one but I do love the line you quoted. Enjoy your day!

Nice living room. Your place looks very homey.

I love Much Ado About Nothing too. And Kenneth Branaugh.

I might have to do this meme. I like the questions.

Yeah, that quote from #7 is a high bar, but it's worth the effort. It puts things into perspective.

Thank you very much. The curtains are a result of watching too much HGTV for a while, but I must admit that I'm pleased with the result. :)

I must admit that after I saw Much Ado About Nothing, I became a bit obsessed with Mr. Banagh for a while. :)

You and I had the same quote about love. Your living room is beautiful, so restful. I am single, but a total romantic. I don't depend on anyone for my happiness. Visiting from Wed. HP. Drop by for a visit.

1) I'm completely submersed in making Valentine gifts right now. It's so bad I've even worn red or pink for 5 days in a row (Weird what my kids notice; garbage can overflows = oblivion. Mom in red/pink and sirens go off.)

2)Back to NYC. Had a blast 2 years ago over Valentine's day.

3)Romantic? Yes, if that means being impressed easily by small gestures done to make me happy. Like not having to do laundry. Or having someone else scrub the gucky frying pan....

4)The Princess Bride or The Man from Snowy River.

5) I always show up as Kanga, but my heart belongs to Pooh.

6)Breakfast: ice cold chocolate milk. Lunch: Godiva dark chocolate truffle. Treat: Serendipity's frozen hot chocolate. Dinner: hot brownie sundae.

7)“So we grew together like to a double cherry, seeming parted, but yet an union in partition, two lovely berries molded on one stem.”
― William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream

8)Our beagles are in love with Rick Springfied's "Jesse's Girl" and howl/sing the entire duration of the song. It's happened 3 different times. I'm not sure what that says about Rick's style.

Love your quote, can't believe that was not the first one to pop into my mind as well. Guess I still had The Notebook on my mind.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today and blessings to you this day!

Ahhh - Fools Rush in... what a cute movie. Matthew Perry is great in that!!!

Yep - romance to me is totally being swept off your feet.

We must all be good, nurturing people, because it seems like nearly everyone I've read about so far are Kangas!
Like your living area pic.

Love that scripture from the Bible...definitely a favorite of mine, as well. Enjoy your evening!

Thanks so much! Yeah, I have a similar attitude about V-Day, but that doesn't mean that it wouldn't be nice to have a beau. ;)

That sounds quite romantic to me. If my step-father did something like that, I think my mom would faint dead away. lol

And I love your love quote. *swoon* again. :D

The Notebook certainly seems to be a popular answer among the Hodgepodgers today. :)

Yeah, I had a crush on him for a while after first watching that film. lol

Of all the blogs I've visited today only one has not come up Kanga. Facinating! :)

You too! Thanks for stopping by! :)

KB definitely knows how to do Shakespeare. His Henry V is fantastic, especially if you consider he starred in it and directed it at such a young age. I didn't see anything new come up in a quick Google search for him, but maybe he's working on a new project.

If he ever returns to bringing Shakespeare to the movie screen, I'd love to see him do Macbeth and King Lear. Those are two of my favorite tragedies.

Turns out that he's up for an Oscar for best supporting actor in My Week with Marilyn, playing Olivier interestingly enough. I'd love to see him do Macbeth and King Lear. Hope springs eternal, but I don't mind seeing him on the chat shows either. ;)

I will have to check out the Much Ado About Nothing I have not seen that version and reading it can be a bit muddy :) Have a great week!

I Love the picture of the clean and tidy living room. We have a puppy so our living room is covered in toys, and then the grand children come over and add more toys to the mix! I will to check out the Much Ado About Nothing since I've not seen it. Sounds good.

I had always found reading Shakespeare impossible. Seeing plays or watching films was not especially helpful either. It was like it was in another language. (Not a fan of opera either.) This was the first time that I saw anything that made it feel relatable ... except for one episode of Moonlighting from the 1980s. lol

If it makes you feel any better, that is not the normal state of my living room. It was just for the purposes of that picture, which I was sending to my mother, across the country. :)

Post a Comment