Friday, March 2, 2012

Friday, March 02, 2012 - , 11 comments

Five on Friday - Here's to the Ladies

My friend Travis over at Trav's Thoughts does this fun meme with Five Songs on Friday. It's fun and easy to play. Head over there and see what it's all about and play along!

I've been noticing that my musical selections as of late have tended toward the gentlemen. It's understandable. I'm a heterosexual female. I like the sound of the male signing voice. But this week, I decided to share some beautiful songs with a feminine voice. Here's to the Ladies!





Have a great weekend!

11 comments:

Wonderful selections. Skylark is one of my all time favorite standards.

Doh! I missed this---it's become such a nice part of my Friday cleaning! Actually, to be fair it's the ONLY nice part of my cleaning experience. ;P

And k.d. lange's rendition here is masterful.

I did post it later than usual, so it's my fault. But I'm glad that you enjoy them, for sure! :)

You've chosen some outstanding voices to feature on the lady's side this week. Nicely done!

cool set,thanks for sharing it.

You had me with "Crazy", I've always loved that song. I quite like your choices with k.d. lang and Alison Krause also, their voices are so different and unique.

Crazy is a beautiful song. The k.d. lange and Alison Krause songs came off the soundtrack of "Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil." A little out of their normal genre but beautiful voices.

I love each of these women, especially Patsy Cline

Post a Comment