Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - , 14 comments

Hodgepodge

Joyce over at From This Side of the Pond hosts this Wednesday meme that have some interesting questions. Do you want to play?

1. St. Patrick's Day will be celebrated this coming Saturday...what's a favorite article of clothing you own that contains a touch o' the green?
A Hawaiian shirt.

2. What's a favorite 'green space' in the town, state, or province where you live?
The Cherry Springs Nature Area. I haven't had a chance to fully explore it yet, but it has a reputation of having easy trails and abundant wildlife.

3. Do you wish you were taller, shorter, or think you're just about right in the height department?
I'm happy with my height.

4. What's the surest way for someone to pick a fight with you?
For someone who claims to be open-minded to be unwilling to listen or consider what anyone else has to say.

5. Broccoli-Spinach-String Beans-Peas...of the four, your favorite green veg? (Or the one you dislike the least if that first option's too hard. I just know there's some veggie haters out there.)
Probably raw baby spinach. Not really a fan of the green vegetable thing. I really want to, but my body acts like it's being poisoned.

6. March is National Women's History Month...besides friends, neighbors and the women you're related to, who's a woman in history you admire and why?
So many options. How can I choose? Ummmmm ....
Condoleezza Rice. 66th Secretary of State of the United States. Brilliant person, and she plays one heck of a piano!

7. Keep Calm and ____________on.  You fill in the blank.
Keep Calm and Carry on. (Thank you Joy! In addition to it being excellent advice.)



8. Insert your own random thought here.
I hate allergies. *ah-Choo*

14 comments:

Aw, hope you feel better soon!

I agree...allergies are the pits! I have a feeling the worst is yet to come!

I hadn't thought of Condoleezza Rice. She set the bar high for women in government. This certainly is allergy season. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Hee Hee. After I stumbled on the Carry On film I found 3 signs I love: Keep Calm and...conjure a patronus, Keep Calm and...aim for the head, Keep Calm and...pretend it was part of the plan.

Thanks! The meds have started working. :)

It certainly looks to be an "interesting" season.

Thanks! The meds have started working, so that's good. :)

Yeah ... right ... I meant to do that. :P

loved that keep calm video- how badly do I wish there was a book store like that one near me!! thanks for sharing!

I'm a broccoli man. It's not on the list, but I'll also take some asparagus for variety in the green veggie department.

You may keep the peas...peas are GACK.

Yes! That book store is so cool. Special reading rooms, etc.

That sounds like a fair deal. You can have all the broccoli and asparagus, and I'll take the spinach and peas. We can split the cake. ;)

Every season has it's thing doesn't it? Love the springtime weather-hate the itchy itchy eyes.

Too true, but at least the flowers are pretty!

Post a Comment