Friday, April 6, 2012

Friday, April 06, 2012 - , 12 comments

One on Friday

My friend Travis over at Trav's Thoughts does this fun meme with Five Songs on Friday. It's fun and easy to play. Head over there and see what it's all about and play along!

This week I only have one song. It has been a wild and crazy week. No getting ahead and searching for songs early. This is Holy Week in the Christian Church (Roman Catholic & most Protestant), and it's intense. Think of the whole Christmas season from Thanksgiving to Christmas condensed into a single week, and you'll get an idea. I'm not complainin' just explainin'. ;)

I spent hours looking for this song in a version that I liked, and I never could find it, so I made my own. (Very Basic) In honor of Holy Week, I give you "Let Us Break Bread Together."  It's an instrumental version of an African-American spiritual, and it never fails to give me chills.



Happy Easter!

12 comments:

It is an absolutely beautiful hymn and a lovely one to post for Good Friday. Thank you.

Well it might have been just one but it was definitely one good one!

Happy Easter to you!

Great Humn,thanks for sharing it with us.

One song will work just as well as five, particularly if the one has special meaning to you.

You'd think that listening to it about 50 times today, I'd get tired of it, but no. :)

Sometimes you've got to go with what you've got. :)

Noted. I see that you added my link. Thanks! :)

Just LOVED your One on Friday, Cherie - Happy Easter!

It's so beautiful. Now, of course, I have it stuck in my head, but for at least once in my life that's a good thing. :)

I'm glad you liked it. :)

Post a Comment