Sunday, May 5, 2013

Coming Attractions - Into Darkness

Since Jerry at As the Crakerhead Crumbles was so kind as to feature this blog as part of his weekly "Sunday Drive" with a picture I used of Ricardo Montalban as Khan, I figure that it's only fair to have a Star Trek/Khan inspired post.

On May 17th, the second of the rebooted Star Trek films comes out, Into Darkness.  And, guess what character it features as the villain? Khan. Sweet! The second Star Trek film features Khan, and the second in the reboot features Khan. I think that qualifies as being respectful to the original.

I have to say that I really liked the reboot. That's not always the case. I saw where they're rebooting Superman. Didn't they just do that a few years ago? I guess that was like a computer reboot where it still doesn't work right, and you have to do it again.

In any case, I'm looking forward to this one. I can hardly wait. I have tried to avoid knowing too much about the film ahead of time, so that I can actually enjoy it.
But I think that there's one thing for sure. I doubt that Benedict Cumberbatch as Khan will expose as much of his chest as Ricardo Montalban did in the original film. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Only time will tell. ;)

2 comments:

I like this reboot as well. I think the new actors are faithful to the original characters while still putting their own special stamp on the performances. That's not easy to do, especially with this group of characters.

I didn't know this new film had Khan as the villain. Now I'm anticipating it even more.

Travis: Yes, Khan makes it that much more intriguing. Khan in an alternate timeline. I love that twist in the reboot. It's like all the old stuff still exists in the original timeline, but this way they get to twist everything and give it a shake. Things aren't supposed to be exactly the same, so, at least me in the audience, can accept when events and characters don't jive with the original. Of course, we'll have to see if I feel the same way in two weeks. lol

Post a Comment