1. Summer officially rolls in with the Hodgepodge this week, for those of us in the Northern hemisphere anyway. What song says summer 2012 to you?
I don't know about 2012, but anything from American Graffiti says summer to me! :)
2. What's your favorite quintessential summer food?
Grilled Bratwurst just the tiniest bit burnt.
3. I've spent a lot of time traipsing up and down the NJ Turnpike in recent weeks. Did you know the rest areas on the turnpike are named after people who lived or worked in NJ? Clara Barton, Walt Whitman, James Fenimore Cooper, Molly Pitcher, Joyce Kilmer, Thomas Edison, and Gover Clevland just to name a few. Of those I listed, who would you most like to have known and why?
I didn't know that the rest areas on the NJ Turnpike were named after notable people related to NJ, but it sounds like a good idea. Of those mentioned, I guess that I'd most like to have known Thomas Edison. In addition to being a brilliant inventor, he also seemed to have a practical mind as far as the business applications of his inventions.
4. At what age did you move out of your parent's house and what prompted the move?
My parents split up when I was around 10, and my dad moved to another state after he retired from the Army about a year later. So, when I went to college (for the first time), I decided to go near where he was and stayed with him on and off until I was about 23. By that time, I'd made up enough for lost time and really needed my own space.
5. What's more satisfying to you-saving time or saving money?
I'm not sure I understand the question. lol If we're talking about like gadget-wise, needing the newest fastest thing on the market vs. waiting a year or two when the price comes down, saving money is more satisfying. Yet, I aslo like to be efficient with my time. Is there supposed to be a relationship here? Because really, I like to do both. (See, I told you I didn't understand the question. lol)
6. Name something you think brings out the good in people.
A disaster. People seem to put their feuding and disagreements aside to help. You see it with earthquakes and tornados all the time.
7. This last question comes to you courtesy of Kathy over at Reflections...will you be taking a vacation or a staycation this summer? If so where will you go? If a staycation is on the calendar have you made any special plans to fill the time?
I'm going to Minnesota for a family reunion. I'm stoping to see Yellowstone and friends along the way. (In chronological order, not order of importance, for any of those friends who may be reading this. lol)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
The movie reviews have begun. Click on the titles to see what I have so far. Still a couple more to go. :) Snow White and the Huntsman, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, and Madagascar 3. Still to come: Men in Black 3 and Salmon Fishing in the Yemen.